Today someone asked me that question. So I wrote the following. Does anyone else wish to keep adding to this list?.....

Films relevant to Transition:

THE POWER OF COMMUNITY: HOW CUBA SURVIVED PEAK OIL
THE END OF SUBURBIA
ESCAPE FROM SUBURBIA
WHAT A WAY TO GO
TOO HOT NOT TO HANDLE
INDEPENDENT AMERICA: TWO LANE SEARCH FOR MOM AND POPS
BUILDING A FOOD FOREST with Geoff Lawton
PERMACULTURE: A QUIET REVOLUTION
WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?
TRANSFORMING ENERGY
MANUFACTURED LANDSCAPES
BIKE FILMS:
GO FURTHER
CRITICAL MASS FILMS
CONTESTED STREETS
PEDAL
INDECENT EXPOSURE TO CARS (about the world naked bike ride)
SLOW FOOD REVOLUTION
TWO ANGRY MOMS
A CRUDE AWAKENING
OUR TOWN
DECONSTRUCTING SUPPER
GOOD FOOD
TABLELAND

PLUS some of the videos that have been uploaded at this site as well as the other Transition sites. Plus you can visit HopeDance's website with films that are related, Trailers and Short films that are related

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just heard about a new documentary called: Kilowatt Ours from Sierra Clubs's "Currents" E- Newsletter
Hi Kendra.

yup that film is pretty old and deals with the east and mid-west mostly and about coal... Nada about solutions. We showed it and the audience was luke warm about it and not many people showed up.. but those were the days BEFORE Transition.... in Sweden they are showing End of Suburnbia and getting outstandingly large audiences... who knows?
bob
very cool. thanks.. Im watching it now and will prolly post it to THIS site. look forward to it.
thanks for letting us know.

bob
I work for a great director who made, In the Light of Reverence, a film about America's relationship with sacred places. Very amazing film that opens you to the concept of the land and all of life being sacred.
thanks
yes we showed the film about 4 years ago in SLO. very good to see how hikers and the new agers were abusing the sacred places.

thanks

bob

The Qatsi Trilogy is excellent as a builder of context, and presents the information with no dialogue

List of the Qatsi Trilogy

The Human Experience is very touching, and when I watched it the spirit of empathy struck my heart. Perhaps a good starter to help with encouraging people that every person matters.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Darlene Cavallara.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service